International Student and Scholar Services
Congratulations on your acceptance to St. Cloud State! We are excited to welcome you to the Husky family. At St. Cloud State, you will find connection throughout campus that will help you unleash all that is within you. Before you begin your formal education, there are a few things you need to know on your way to St. Cloud.
International Huskies Next Steps
The Center for International Studies holds sessions throughout the semester where current international students discuss topics related to studying in the United States and at St. Cloud State University. Those recordings can be found below. If you have any questions about the sessions or what was discussed in those recordings, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before Getting Here
- This link will help you on how to travel to Minnesota and St. Cloud.
- Your First Week Here
- Looking for information on orientation and what you need to do in your first week on campus? Check out this link for those details.
During your first week on campus, CIS and other campus partners will be assisting you in making sure you have everything ready. If you would like to get a head start and make sure everything is set, follow the links below:
- Account information
- This site has all the information regarding your St. Cloud State accounts, passwords, and email.
- Microsoft Office and other software
- You have access to different forms of software that is free to St. Cloud State students. Check this link for all the software that is available and how to access them.
- Activate Your Star ID
- Your StarID is extremely important at St. Cloud State. Make sure yours is active.
- Questions about your email account
- Here is the answers to common issues with accessing your emails. Also this page will have instructions on how to set up your email on your phone.
- Contact information
- If you are having issues, this is the place to go for help.
Housing and Dining
- Preparing for Advising day
- Students will need to register for an advising day. Information is located here.
- Register for your orientation day
- All students are required to complete Huskies Advising and Registration.
- Placement Testing
- If you need to complete placement testing in order to register for your courses, you will find all that information here.
- Who’s my advisor?
- You will need your StarID to access this information, so have that ready.
- Contact information:
- If you have questions regarding
St. Cloud State has Wi-Fi across campus. To help with accessing the WiFi, please go to this link: WiFi Setup
Jobs On Campus
- Student employment information
- Here are the rules about working on campus
- Search and apply for a Job
- This is how you find jobs on campus
- Taxes Information
- F-status and J-status students/scholars, and their dependents living with them, are required to file U.S. tax forms each year, regardless of whether they earned income. Find out more information on how to file your taxes here.
- Live Chat
- This is a live chat and is only available during certain times during the day
- Submit a question
- This allows you to send in a question and get a response via email
- Otherwise you can call or email them directly