International Student and Scholar Services
Health insurance refunds
International students may qualify for a refund for these reasons:
- The student has been approved for OPT
- The student has transferred their SEVIS record to another college/university
- The student has been approved for an Authorized Early Withdrawal and will be leaving/has left the U.S.
- The student is no longer in F-1 or J-1 status
- The student has provided proof of insurance from their embassy or government entity who is providing full health insurance coverage in the U.S.
If the student has paid for the insurance in full and a refund is requested 14 calendar days before the coverage start date, the insurance premium will be refunded through our Business Services office.
If the student has paid for the insurance in full and a refund is requested 14 calendar days after the coverage start date, the student must submit a request to the Center for International Studies (see below).
A student who requests cancellation of coverage will receive a refund of the unearned premium at the time of cancellation if the unearned premium is for a period of one month.
- Complete the Student Health Insurance Petition for Refund form.
- Attach supporting evidence:
- SACM Financial Guarantee
- Proof of travel itinerary for departure outside the U.S.
- Proof of change of status approval
- Drop-off or mail complete application to the Center for International Studies for review.
- An advisor will review the student's refund request and email the form directly to the insurance company. (The student will be copied on the email.)
- If approved, the student will receive the refund money by check in six to eight weeks, at the address listed on the form.
For questions regarding your refund petition, call United Healthcare Student Resources at 1-888-251-6243 or email SIDPremium-CustomerService@uhcsr.com.