International Student and Scholar Services
Extending Your Stay
We are excited you are considering extending your stay at St. Cloud State University. Please find more information below about extending your Semester at SCSU.
- Any Semester at SCSU student who is maintaining status and making normal progress toward completing their educational objective, but who would lie to extend their program at St. Cloud State.
The student must:
- Receive permission from their home institution
- Apply for the extension before the program end date listed on their DS-2019 or I-20
- Meet with a Semester at SCSU advisor within the Center for International Studies
- Receive written permission from home university
- Complete a program extension form with an academic advisor
- Obtain updated copies of financial documentation
- Return the program extension form and financial documents to your advisor within the Center for International Studies
- Students can participate in a non-degree program for a maximum of 24 months.
- Residential Life will need to be notified you are extending your semester - the Center for International Studies can help with this
- Students will be charged for health insurance to cover the duration of the program extension
Program extensions will take three to four days to process.
When your new DS-2019 or I-20 is ready, a Center for International Studies advisor will send you an email. You then will be able to pick up your new DS-2019 or I-20.