International Student and Scholar Services

International Student and Scholar Health Insurance

Health insurance is required for all F-1 and J-1 students and scholars at St. Cloud State.

This requirement protects and provides a health plan against financial hardship resulting from the need for medical attention.

The United States does not have a national health care system available to non-immigrant students/scholars; therefore, the cost of medical care is the responsibility of the student/scholars.

Because medical costs in the United States are high, St. Cloud State requires new and transferring F-1 and J-1 international students and J-1 scholars to purchase the Minnesota State system's Student Health Plan.

Covered medical services provided at the on-campus Medical Clinic are paid at 100 percent through United Healthcare. (F-1 and J-1 international students only)

Welcome to United Healthcare Student Resources provides students with easy access to their account, benefit, and coverage information. All UHCSR accounts and websites are updated timely by the company to comply with any benefit changes.

Students may contact the Student Insurance Advocate in a variety of ways:

Phone: 320-308-4855 / Email: / Visit: Medical Clinic during business hours.




United Healthcare Account Information

UHCSR Login and Mobile App

How to Request an ID Card

Provider Information

Benefits of your United Healthcare Insurance Policy

Medical Clinic

HealthiestYou 24 Hour Consultations

Telehealth (For outside the U.S.)

Prescription Medicine

Global Emergency Services (GES)

Student Assistance Program (SAP)

Pediatric Services (Age 19 or Under)

Understanding your insurance policy

Explanation of Benefits

Deductibles, Coinsurance, and Copays

Claim Information

International Student Health Insurance Information

New students

New international students must pay their insurance in full before registering for classes.

Current students

Current students must pay their health insurance in full each year.

Exchange and Sponsored Students

New exchange and sponsored students must pay their health insurance in full.

J-1 Visiting Scholars

J-1 exchange visitors and any of their J-2 dependents must purchase valid health insurance for their duration of stay in the United States. 

Dependents of students

Enrollees in our international health insurance policy may also qualify to purchase insurance coverage for their dependents.


Learn more about requirements for refunds on insurance payments.

My UHCSR Account


Connect with SCSU