International Student and Scholar Services
Academic & Cultural Sharing Scholarship
Cultural Activities Form
The Academic and Cultural Sharing Scholarship (ACSS) offers resident tuition rates to international students who meet and maintain eligibility requirements.
The scholarship gives international students a nearly 50-percent discount on tuition.
- The Academic and Cultural Sharing Scholarship (ACSS) offers resident tuition rates to international students in F-1 and J-1 student status that meet and maintain eligibility requirements.
- Courses and programs not eligible for ACSS:
- Intensive English Center
- Master of Business Administration
- St. Cloud State at Plymouth programs
- Doctoral programs
Attaining and maintaining ACSS status
- Check-in and attend orientation with the Center for International Studies upon arrival into the U.S. Students do not have to apply for the first semester, but have to attend orientation to opt in to the scholarship.
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average as an undergraduate student or a 3.0 cumulative GPA as a graduate student.
- Maintain active F-1/J-1 status
- Complete two cultural sharing activities every semester through St. Cloud State.
- Submit activities online through the Cultural Activities Form by deadline for each term.
Exemptions from cultural sharing activities
Students participating in the following programs and activities are exempt from cultural sharing activities, but must submit the exemption online:
Graduate Assistantship - Full Time
Graduate Assistantship - Part Time (must complete one additional cultural sharing activity)
Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
St. Cloud State Athletics Program (excluding intramural or club sports)
Education Abroad Program Participants
Medical Reduced Course Load
Global Learning Community (Lawrence Hall)
Approved ACSS activities
Keep abreast of campus activities with Huskies Connect. Approved activities include:
- Admissions events, such as Discover Red & Black and Admitted Student Days
- American Indian Center pow-wow
- Approved Curricular Practical Training
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- CARE focus group
- Center for International Studies event “special request” – needs prior approval
- Conference participation – please list conference in description
- Cultural Café
- Cultural Night
- Cultural presentation to community/class
- Department of Campus Involvement, including UPB, civic engagement, campus programs, spirit groups and Greek Life
- Education Abroad program participation
- Graduate assistantship, full-time through Graduate Studies
- Graduate assistantship, part-time through Graduate Studies
- Hands Across the World volunteer
- Husky Hauler during student move-in
- International Education Week
- International Friendship Program through the Center for International Studies
- International Peer Advisor
- Language tutoring through foreign languages or student organizations
- Lindgren Child Care Center volunteer
- Little Falls Friends event
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk
- Martin Luther King Jr. event
- National Student Exchange
- On-campus employment
- Passport to the World
- Residence hall event
- Run for Recovery
- St. Cloud State band, choir or orchestra member
- Student organization position, appointed or elected
Students who do not meet the requirements of the scholarship may submit a Cultural Activities and Appeals form by the deadline each term.