Plan to arrive in St. Cloud no later than the start of the academic semester. You can find those exact dates here.
- Make travel arrangements
- This includes your flight to the United States and Minnesota and your shuttle to campus. Make sure to complete your reservations as early as you can.
- Suggested travel:
- Packing or planning your luggage early
- Check your airline's luggage restrictions to make sure you are not overweight and that you have the correct amount of luggage.
- Important: Place these item in your carry-on bag: I-20/DS-2109, passport with visa, airline tickets, a change of clothing, a book or magazine, snacks, headphones, toothbrush/toothpaste, snacks, and important medications
- Confirm airline reservations
- It would be good to check 72 hours before departure, 24 hours before departure, and then just before heading to the airport.
- Learn more about city and state you will be living in
- For your luggage label, we suggest you use this address:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
Center for International Studies
720 4th Avenue S.
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Items to carry and keep with you at all times
You should carry some basic information and documents in your carry-on bag. It is also a good idea to carry some essential items with you (change of clothing, medications, toiletries, etc.) just in case your luggage is misplaced.
Review Permitted and Prohibited Items listed at the Transportation Security Administration.
- Passport (keep a photo copy in your carry-on luggage)
- I-20 (keep an additional photo copy in your carry-on luggage)
- I-94 (optional) print a copy at: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search
- All documents from acceptance packet
- Airplane tickets
- Emergency contact information (your family, St. Cloud State emergency phone numbers, etc.)
- U.S. Currency, and/or Travelers Check to pay for initial expenses; bank draft account information and/or credit card for tuition, fees, housing payments, etc. (see Financial Matters).
Visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website
for information regarding international travel.