International Admissions

Application Requirements

Application Deadlines - Undergraduate

Fall Admission

If you are not in the U.S.: July 1
If you are in the U.S.: July 15

Spring Admission

If you are not in the U.S.: Nov. 1
If you are in the U.S.: Dec. 1

Deadlines are our priority deadlines. Applications received after priority deadline will still be considered. However, we reserve the right to defer an application to the following semester if there is not adequate time to attend the first day of orientation. Admitted students are expected to attend four days of orientation.

Undergraduate Students

Apply early to ensure application materials are received by the deadline. Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

To avoid any unexpected delays, we highly recommend that students submit their application, along with ALL of the application requirements at the same time. 

1. Complete an application

2. Submit your secondary school grade reports

3. If applicable, submit your international university transcripts

4. If applicable, submit your U. S. transcripts

5. Provide proof of English proficiency

6. Provide financial documentation

7. F-1 Transfer Students

Graduate Students 

Graduate students interested in pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree will apply for admission through the School of Graduate Studies. Application Deadlines vary by program and tend to be earlier than our undergraduate deadlines, please refer to your departments page for the deadline for your specific graduate program. The deadlines noted at the top of this page refer to Undergraduate programs only.  

Upon acceptance, the Center for International Studies will process your immigration document and mail an acceptance packet to you. You will also need to apply for a visa to study in the United States. 


Application Status

If you have questions about the status of your application, email us at Please make sure to include your SCSU ID or Star ID, when emailing.

Graduate Students: Please note, in order for us to process your I-20, you need to have uploaded financial documentation to the application or submitted proof of financial documentation to

If you have not already done so, please do, as this will delay your I-20. Graduate files are not sent to International Admission for I-20 creation until after financial documentation is received. 

Additional Details on Studying in the USA

Visit the Department of Homeland Security website for more information on studying in the U.S.

Related Links