Departments and Programs
The School of Education at St. Cloud State University prepares future teachers, administrators, and other education personnel at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Through a variety of departments, centers and support offices, students enjoy many opportunities to pursue a variety of career paths in the field of professional education.
Child and Family Studies (CFS)
Child and Family Studies prepares students for professional roles working with young children, parents and families in a variety of public and private settings.
Human Relations and Multicultural Education (HURL)
Human Relations and Multicultural Education is an interdisciplinary applied field committed to addressing questions of equity, self-determination, resource allocation and quality of life facing people around the world.
Information Media (IM)
Information Media prepares students pursuing careers in educational communications, information technologies, and human resources development and training.
- Instructional Technology Certificate
- Technology Integration Certificate
- Design for E-Learning Certificate
- Library Media Specialist Certificate
Special Education (SPED)
Special Education is committed to preparing high quality teachers for students with disabilities
- Special Education - Master of Science
- Academic and Behavioral Strategist Certificate
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate
- Developmental Disabilities Certificate
- Emotion/Behavioral Disorders Certificate
- Learning Disabilities Certificate
- Developmental Disabilities Licensure
- Emotional/Behavioral Disorders Licensure
- Learning Disabilities Licensure
Teacher Development (ED/TDEV)
Teacher Development offers licensure programs for Elementary Education and Secondary Education, as well as students seeking teaching licensure in many areas.
Secondary Licensure Programs
Pre K-12 Programs
Educational Leadership and Higher Education (ELHE)
Education Leadership and Higher Education is dedicated to offering students the opportunity to develop, advance and apply learning in leadership roles as a school administrator.
Educational Administration and Leadership (EDAD)
- Graduate Certificate - Community Education
- Master of Science - Educational Administration & Leadership
- Post-Master's Graduate Certificate - Educational Administration & Leadership
- Specialist - Educational Administration & Leadership
- Doctor of Education - Educational Administration & Leadership