As a student of Developmental Disabilities, your studies will include an examination of programming models, methods and materials for students with moderate to severe developmental and cognitive disabilities. You will study advanced characteristics of applied behavior analysis as well as behavior theories and practices, assistive technology and assessments used in special education. You must have a teaching license to gain admission into this graduate certificate program.
- Includes an internship working with elementary and secondary school students with developmental disabilities.
- Meets education requirements to seek Minnesota licensure upon completion.
- The program can be taken as a student guest by students who only need one or two classes to meet the licensure requirements.
- Choose when you start with admissions for fall, spring and summer terms.
- The Learning Disability Summer Reading and Math Camp helps improve skills for more than 200 students in K-8.
- Accredited by the Council for Exceptional Children
- Membership in Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP)
- Elementary teacher
- High school teacher
- Special education teacher
- Education specialist
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies (facebook)
St. Cloud State University (twitter)