The Academic and Behavioral Strategist certificate program provides you with knowledge of behavior theories and practices in special education. You will study the assessment and management of behavior problems in the classroom, learn about assistive technology for students with special needs and learn how to administer and interpret tests used to identify students with developmental and learning disabilities and behavioral disorders.
- Provides an overview of collaboration methods for working with agencies, staff and multicultural populations.
- Includes an internship in an elementary school program for students with mild to moderate disabilities.
- Students admitted for fall, spring and summer terms.
- The program can be taken as a student guest by students who only need one or two classes to meet the licensure requirements.
- Meets education requirements to seek Minnesota licensure upon completion of the program.
- Accredited by the Council for Exceptional Children
- Membership in Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP)
- The Learning Disability Summer Reading and Math Camp helps improve skills for more than 200 students in K-8.
- Elementary teacher
- High school teacher
- Special education teacher
- Education specialist
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies
St. Cloud State University