Life science education majors combine science courses with St. Cloud State's nationally recognized teacher preparation program to receive the best training and insight on educating and inspiring the scientists of tomorrow. You'll learn how to turn your class material into innovative lessons with a global perspective. You'll tap your creativity to develop laboratory experiments that will keep middle school or high school students engaged in scientific discovery. Through St. Cloud State's partnerships with schools locally and abroad you'll find opportunities to expand what you know and practice what you've learned before you head into the classroom on your own.
- Smart classrooms, technology-enhanced lecture halls and specialized laboratory space to evaluate teaching.
- A Biology Tutoring Center that is available weekdays.
- Science Express, a mobile, fully equipped science education lab, takes high-tech science education to thousands of elementary and high school students in small Minnesota towns.
- Study Abroad programs focused on teaching excellence.
- All teacher licensure programs are Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) approved
- Membership in Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP)
- The SCSU Herbarium features an extensive, diverse collection of plants for study and observation
- Middle School/High School Teacher
- Public Science Educator
- Science Museum Educators
University Facts & Stats
- Teachers from 23 states completed St. Cloud State's co-teaching workshops
- 2013 Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization
- 45,000 middle and high school students served by Science Express, a mobile science lab
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants
- 25 years of residential math-science-computer camps for youth
Connect With Us
College of Science and Engineering (facebook)
College of Science and Engineering (twitter)