The Geography for Educators graduate certificate is designed for teachers to enhance their
knowledge and training through advanced content in geography. Completion of the certificate
fulfills the path-to-18 requirement to teach Senior-to-Sophomore or College-in-the-Schools courses in economics. This certificate can be taken on its own or in combination with the Social Studies Education master's degree.
- Designed to accommodate teachers currently employed full-time in their field and provides content course options that will give them the ability to teach college-level courses in high schools.
- Minnesota teachers may use the coursework through the "Pathway to 18" initiative to complete 18 disciplinary credits to meet Higher Learning Commission requirements to teach Senior-to-Sophomore and/or Concurrent Enrollment courses at the secondary level.
- Credits can be used toward the Social Studies Education master's degree.
- Graduate certificates also available in History, Political Science and Economics.
- A core program of study that has a geography education focus.
- Faculty members with expertise across Social Studies Education content areas and with in-depth field experience in education and education administration.
- Opportunities for travel and study internationally and in the United States, including at Alnwick Castle in the United Kingdom.
- Social Studies teacher
- Geography teacher
- High school/middle school teacher
- Curriculum specialist
- Adjunct college/university instructor
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies