ADA Accommodation Process
- The employee begins the process by completing the "Request for ADA Reasonable Accommodation" form and submits it to the Human Resources Benefits Team by emailing email@example.com OR by submitting a ticket through Team Dynamix and selecting topic "Leave/FMLA/ADA and Other Accommodation Questions."
- A Human Resources Benefits Team member will review the request and determine if the request falls under ADA or FMLA.
- A Human Resources Benefits Team member will reach out to the employee to begin the interactive process. Please see steps below:
- Human Resources provides the employee the "ADA Authorization for Release of Medical Information" form.
- The employee completes and returns the "ADA Authorization for Release of Medical Information" form to their Human Resources Benefits Team representative.
- Human Resources will then submit the Request for ADA Reasonable Accommodation form with the authorization form to the employee’s medical provider.
- The medical provider will fax the information back to Human Resources.
- Once this information is received, Human Resources will review and follow up with the employee if clarification is needed.
- If the employee is ADA eligible, Human Resources will then reach out to the employee’s direct supervisor to discuss potential accommodation options. Supervisors are not informed of the disability only of the need to consider accommodations.
- The previous steps may be repeated to obtain and share enough information to complete the interactive process.
- Once an accommodation plan has been made, Human Resources will circulate a document by email for signatures. The arrangement must be reviewed from time to time.
- Not all accommodations are approved.
- Accommodations may not be what was requested by the employee, however it will fulfill the needs of the request.
- Accommodations will not be in place until the review, approval and notification to the employee and supervisor has been made.
FORMS TO KNOW: