College of Education and Learning Design
Student Teaching Eligibility
Where: Applications are available in the Office of Clinical Experiences (Education Building B120)
When: One year prior to expected student teaching
Candidates must contact the Office of Clinical Experiences (EB B120) for forms, deadlines and policies related to applications to enter student teaching.
- The applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- The applicant must meet all program and professional education requirements.
- The applicant must provide proof of liability insurance.
- The applicant must sign a student teaching contract.
- The applicant must successfully pass a criminal background check as required by the host district.
- Applicants must complete a minimum of 12 semester hours completed in residence at St. Cloud State University prior to student teaching.
- The applicant must agree to adhere to the expectations outlined in the appropriate Student Teaching Handbook.
The College of Education and Learning Design reserves the right to consider, as part of admission to student teaching, personal qualities, general health, scholastic achievement, conduct, or other standards related to effective teaching.
During Student Teaching
- The applicant must meet Teacher Performance Assessment (EdTPA) requirements as mandated by the State of Minnesota.
- The applicant must be familiar with and adhere to the expectations outlined in the Student Teaching Handbook.