Public Safety Department
- Be aware of your surroundings (i.e. campus grounds, outside your off-campus residence, public areas).
- Watch for shrubbery that needs trimming, lights that are burned out, other people around you and places where someone could be hiding.
- Be alert to potential dangers. If something does not “feel” or “look” right, trust your instincts. Leave the area and call for assistance.
- Walk with friends and use available safety escort and bus services. Avoid jogging or bicycling alone.
- Always walk and ride in well-lit and well-traveled areas. Vary your routes and schedule. Do not wear stereo headphones as they can distract you and may prevent you from hearing a potential threat to your safety.
- If you have a mobile phone, keep it with you at all times.