Public Safety Department
Students, employees and guests concerned about their personal safety during evening hours may be escorted, at no cost, by a Public Safety officer.
Officers escort up to three people per trip to a campus location or eligible University-Southside neighborhood location.
Request a Safety Escort
- Call 320-308-3333
- Provide your first name
- Provide the number of companions, up to three
- Describe your pick-up and destination locations
- Be at the pick-up location when the escort arrives
View a map of the service area (PDF).
- Escort trip must begin or end on campus
- Choose a safe, well-lit location to wait for the escort
- Other tasks may briefly delay the escort's arrival
- People consuming alcoholic beverages cannot use the service
- A vehicle will be used for off-campus locations
- A vehicle may be used for individuals with disabilities. Student must be able to transition from a collapsible wheelchair to a Public Safety vehicle. MetroBus Dial-A-Ride Service is a likely option for others.
- It is not a taxi service.
- Sick or injured people cannot use the service. They will be referred to an emergency medical service. If a person becomes ill while using the service, Stearns County Dispatch Center will be notified.
- Escorts are not provided during the daytime without the permission of the on-duty supervisor or department administrator.
- Cold Weather Escorts are provided when the temperature is -10 degrees Fahrenheit