Public Safety Department
Identity and Private Information
- Don’t post personal information such as your phone number, address or upcoming plans on social media sites.
- Don’t leave items like computers or phones out in the open unattended.
- Never share your Star ID password and keep other important passwords to yourself to protect your private data and financial information. St. Cloud State will never ask for your student ID or password over email. If you receive a message asking for these, don’t respond.
- Think twice about posting revealing, harmful or potentially threatening words or photos about yourself or others on social media. St. Cloud State takes these posts seriously and so do law enforcement.
- Be advised against phone solicitors. Do not provide personal or financial information to persons or businesses that appear to be making random phone calls.