Business Services

Service Hours

Business Services Hours:

8:00-4:30 Monday-Friday
7:30-4:00 Monday-Friday

Cashier Hours:

8:00-4:00 Monday-Friday
7:30-3:30 Monday-Friday

Business Serivces


Only individuals with approved delegation of authority are authorized to sign contracts. This authority is delegated by the President on form MnSCU016 (MnSCU .doc) and filed in the Finance & Administration.

Contracts must be prepared on forms approved by the State’s Office of Attorney General to assure that they include all state required contract language. Any modification of forms approved by the Office of Attorney General or the use of a non-system office form requires the review of the Office of Attorney General and approval of the Vice Chancellor-Chief Financial Officer.

Professional/Technical Contracts

These types of contracts are to be used when people are to perform a task(s). These contracts are predominately “intellectual” in character, and may include consultation, analysis, evaluation, prediction, planning, or recommendation of policies or courses of action, and usually require the production of a report or result in the completion of a task. SCSU003 is also used for speakers and entertainers. View the PTContract web page for detailed steps and additional information or contact the Professional/Technical Contracts Coordinator (Carol John) for assistance.

Professional/Technical Services contract SCSU003 (.doc)

Professional/Technical Contract Expense Reimbursement (doc)

Amendment to Consult, Prof, Tech SCSU003a (doc)

Individual Service Agreement (ISA) form (doc), for agreements less than $3,000.

Related Policies and Procedures:
St. Cloud State University Policy and Procedure Page 14
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Procedure 5.14.2 Consultant, Professional, or Technical Contracts

Other Procurement Contracts

For agreements such as financed purchases, land rental/leases, "Lease to Own" equipment agreements, Joint Powers Agreements, Inter and Intra Agreements, contact the Purchasing Director (Lisa Sparks) for assistance or more information.

Intra-Agency Agreement MnSCU004 (doc)
This Agreement is used only with another Minnesota State Colleges and Universities institution.

Inter-Agency Agreement MnSCU005 (doc)
This agreement is used when contracting with a state agency.

Joint Powers Agreement MnSCU006 (doc)
Joint Powers Agreement Amendment MnSCU006a (doc)
This agreement is used when entering into a contract with other governmental entities that are not the State or Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, e.g. city, town, county, school district, or political subdivision.

Lease MnSCU021 (doc)
Amendment of Lease Property to College/University MnSCU018 (doc)
This is used for leasing property or buildings that do not belong to Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.

Related Policies and Procedures:
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Policy 5.14 Procurement and Contracts

Income Contracts

For income contracts and facilities use agreements please contact the Business Services Director (Jeff Wagner) for more information.

Income Contract MnSCU008 (doc)
Amendment of Income Contract MnSCU008a (doc)
This Contract is used when the University is generating revenue from a non-State agency.

Facilities Use Agreement - Off Campus Only (doc)
This agreement is designed for short-term (from 1 day to a semester) use of an off-campus facility owned by a third party. Examples: when a campus holds class(es) at a high school, community center, conference center, or other special purpose facility located off-campus.

Facilities Use Agreement - On Campus Only (doc)
This agreement is to be used when third parties (non-MnSCU) want to use MnSCU on-campus facilities for shorter-term or sporadic use lasting less than one year. An Agreement should be executed and in place prior to a third party using a campus facility.

Related Policies and Procedures:
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Policy 6.7.2 Leasing College or University Property for Non-college and University Activities

Contracts Not Listed Above

Contact the Business Services Director for assistance.


Untitled Document