Information for Student Guests
St. Cloud State welcomes non-admitted students. You can join us as a Special Student Registrant if:
- You are going to be a senior in high school. Please note: The Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) is not available during summer session.
- You are a high school graduate or hold a GED.
- You are a visiting undergraduate student.
- You are a visiting graduate student.
- You are a working professional with a high school diploma and wish to try out a class or to expand your horizons.
- Complete the form for Non-Degree Seeking (Special) Students
- Allow two business days for your information to be entered into the student system before registering.
- Rising seniors, you must provide information on your academic standing, with signatures from your high school counselor and parents, to the Office of Records and Registration.
To find your Star ID, follow the steps below:
- Log on to eServices.
- Star ID
- if you do not know your Star ID, click on the "Need Login Help?" link
- Click on the "Forgot StarID?" link
- Star ID Password
- Visit https://starid.mnscu.edu/ and click on StarId Self Service for password assistance
- Click on Return to Login
- Star ID
You may then register using:
- The Online Registration System through eServices.
- The Registration Timetable for your window to register.
- Once you have activated your StarID, access eServices to register for your classes.
Registering as a Special Student Registrant means:
- You have been given an opportunity to REGISTER at SCSU.
- You are NOT admitted to an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Be extremely cautious in how many credits you accumulate through this registration category if you have ANY intention of later seeking a SCSU degree. See bulletins for details.
- Advising assistance is available through SCSU’s Advising & Student Transitions. Call 320.308.6075 for an appointment.
- We hope you thrive in and enjoy your class enough to desire admittance to SCSU. Contact the undergraduate or graduate admissions offices for assistance.
- Grades you receive as a special student registrant will be considered part of your academic record if you seek admission to SCSU.
Need help registering?
Registration questions: 320.308.2111
Available spring hours:
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Available summer hours:
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday-Friday