Student Registration & Financial Services

Name/Address Change

Name Changes

Legal name change

Requests for name changes may require additional legal documentation. Refer to the Preferred and Legal Name policy for information and to download required forms.

The change of name form, along with additional documentation, can be mailed to:

Office of Records and Registration
St. Cloud State University
720 4th Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
Fax: (320) 308-2059

Preferred name change

Refer to the Preferred and Legal Name policy for information and to download required forms.

  1. Return the form to the Office of Records and Registration, AS-118 with your picture ID
  2. An approved request will be entered into the system. In the event a request is denied, a notice will be sent to the requestor.

Minnesota State and St. Cloud State University reserve the right to deny an inappropriate preferred name including, but not limited to, those that: avoid legal obligations, misrepresent, or violate other system policies, contain inappropriate or offensive language, or is being used for misrepresentation, etc. Preferred names may not be used for commercial or promotional purposes and thus, may not be a company name, group name or message.

Appeal Process:

  1. Requestor will be notified only if a preferred name is denied. Notification will include the reason for the denial and will be sent to the student within ten (10) business days of the receipt of the Preferred Name Request Form.
  2. The student has ten (10) business days from receipt of the denial to file a written appeal.
  3. SCSU will respond to the student with a final decision within ten(10) days of receipt of the appeal.
  4. SCSU has the ultimate authority in determining the appropriateness of preferred names for SCSU students and decisions are final.

Address Change

To view or edit/change your DiplomaLocal, or Permanent address:

  1. Go to eServices Sign-In
  2. Enter your StarID and Password and click Login
  3. Click on Account Management and then click on Name and Address Info
  4. Click on Edit under Diploma, Local, or Permanent address, then type in your address information and click Submit

Note: Address changes may only be made once per day.

If you are not able to edit your address, please contact the Office of Records and Registration at (320) 308-2111.