Financing Your Education
St. Cloud State University is the place to pursue an affordable, global, graduate education.
*Reciprocal tuition agreements
- Graduate tuition rates include a standard in-state rate for Minnesota residents and those with reciprocity*, a standard Midwest Compact rate, a standard non-resident rate as well as several market-based rates (MBA, MEM/EMEM, ACR, MTQ, RAS and doctoral programs). Online courses, off-site and ITV courses are offered at differential tuition rates. See the tuition by credit rates to determine the cost per credit for your program of interest.
- Student fees are charged per credit. Per credit student fees may vary by program. All graduate students pay the flat fee for the Medical Clinic each term.
- Online students living outside of Minnesota may request a partial refund of student fees.
- Most full-time students enroll in eight to 12 graduate credits each semester.
- Health insurance is required for all F-1 and J-1 students and scholars at St. Cloud State University.
apply for students from North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Manitoba. Residents of those states and provinces are eligible to pay home-resident tuition rates when attending St. Cloud State University. To be eligible, students must complete a reciprocity application, approved by their home state or province, prior to registration. Reciprocity does not apply to market-rate tuition programs (MBA, MEM/EMEM, ACR, MTQ, RAS and doctoral programs).