Department of Finance, Insurance and Real Estate
- Finance - A major in finance prepares students for positions as financial managers and investment analysts in private business or non-profit organizations and within governmental units.
- Insurance - Currently this program is not accepting applications. Insurance majors are prepared to work in the large, comprehensive insurance industry. All sectors of our economy use insurance and risk management to help maintain a competitive advantage.
- Real Estate - Currently this program is not accepting applications. Individuals majoring in real estate will be prepared to become real estate professionals.
- Insurance - The insurance specialization will help students prepare for working in the insurance industry and insurance-related areas such as human resources, risk management, and financial planning. Insurance is a vital industry providing employment for numerous types of careers, including accountants, information specialists, and those skilled in the medical profession.
- Real Estate - Currently this program is not accepting applications. The real estate specialization will give students an introduction to real estate principles, valuation techniques, and the laws around leasing, selling, owning and managing real estate. The courses focus on both residential and commercial real estate and have been approved by the Minnesota Commissioner of Commerce for real estate salesperson pre-license education (90 hours) and appraiser trainee pre-license education (60 hours).