The Finance program prepares students to go in several directions with a career in financial services – financial management, financial advising, investments, banking, international finance, real estate, and insurance. Students learn the important role of finance in connecting the future to the present in industry, government, and non-profit organizations. The Investments Concentration, within the Finance program, provides students with further specialized skills in the management of financial investments, such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
- The latest tools and technology are available to students in Centennial Hall.
- Centralized advising, career guidance and counseling services give you easily accessed support.
- Twelve-week, senior-year internships let students apply what they've learned in the classroom, earn academic credit and pay. Students build a resume with real work experience in an entry level job in their field.
- Students develop leadership and decision-making skills as members of active student clubs and organizations that encourage professional, personal and social growth.
- St. Cloud State is an approved college for the Travelers EDGE® Program. This innovative educational opportunity provides college students with financial, academic, professional development and mentoring support while preparing students for a career at Travelers or the insurance and financial services industry. Find more information.
- This discipline is also available as a minor to complement other majors.
- Herberger Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels. The Business School has been accredited for more than 45 years.
- Notable alumni: Brian Belski '88, chief investment strategist at BMO Capital Markets, a multinational financial services company.
- Husky Growth Fund Class: Created in 1999, the Husky Growth Fund is a student-run portfolio management class that currently oversees (approximately) $400,000 of invested assets. All investment decisions are made by undergraduate students.
- Financial Planner/Broker
- Corporate Financial Management
- Investment Banking
- Consumer/Mortgage Banking
- Asset Manager
University Facts & Stats
- 94% of finance graduates employed
- Average class size: 23 students
- Among Forbes' "America's Top Colleges"
- A 2021 Military Friendly® Top 10 School designation
Connect With Us
Herberger School of Business
Herberger Business School Students/Alumni