As an insurance major, you will learn how important risk management, and the insurance industry, is to maintaining a growing economy. You will learn all aspects of insurance operations – underwriting, claims adjusting, insurance accounting, loss control and risk management. You will gain an overall understanding of risk analysis. Insurance majors will be prepared to start a career in all areas of the insurance industry.
- Students are exposed to all facets of the insurance industry – property/casualty, life insurance, health, and employee benefits.
- Risk is evaluated holistically – be it property risk, income risk, life risk, investment risk, etc.
- Strong support from the local insurance industry provides guest speakers and direct interaction with students.
- Business Honors Program provides opportunities for driven students to engage more closely with like-minded peers and professors.
- The only four-year insurance major in Minnesota.
- Herberger Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels. The Herberger Business School has been accredited for more than 40 years.
- Claims adjuster
- Sales agent
- Reinsurance broker
- Loss control specialist
- Risk manager
- Public adjuster
University Facts & Stats
- 94% of finance graduates employed
- Average class size: 23 students
- 23:1 student to faculty ratio
- A 2021 Military Friendly® Top 10 School designation
- Among Forbes' "America's Top Colleges"