The Professional Selling Specialization (PSS) program helps meet the needs of the ever-growing professional selling and sales management fields, and strengthens your competitive advantage as you begin and pursue your careers. The specialization will provide you with the essential communication, leadership, professional selling, and sales management skills to succeed in the world of sales.
- State-of-the-art Northwestern Mutual Sales Lab provides a learning environment for students to role-play sales presentations in an interactive, real-world business setting.
- The Northwestern Mutual Sales Competition, held each fall and spring term, gives PSS students the opportunity to test and refine their selling skills in a real-world, real-time selling environment. Participants receive feedback, evaluations, and mentoring from area sales professionals. Each competition includes an awards and recognition banquet and networking opportunities for students.
- Courses taught by Herberger Business School faculty, with participation from area business professionals.
- Experiential learning through professional selling and sales management shadowing opportunities.
- Centralized advising, career guidance and counseling services give you easily accessed support.
- Five courses, 15 credits required for the specialization.
- Students from any major can apply for the program.
- Our Professional Selling Specialization is listed by the Sales Education Foundation (SEF) as one of the Top North American Sales Schools. SEF works with recognized universities to define and offer in-depth sales education and to align and improve employment choices by networking high performance sales candidates with high performance organizations.
- Herberger Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels. The Business School has been accredited for more than 40 years.
- Husky AMA, the student chapter of the American Marketing Association, ranked in the Top 25 at the International Collegiate Conference in 2013 in New Orleans. Judges cited membership, fundraising and the 30 professional development activities such as career skills workshops and community service work.
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Advertising Sales
- Sales Manager
- Insurance Sales
- Wholesale and Manufacturing Representative
- Sales Engineer
- Financial Services Sales Representative