Students who seek the Insurance Specialization prepare for work in the insurance industry and insurance-related areas such as human resources, risk management and financial planning. You'll learn the theories and practices involved in property and liability insurance, social insurance, life and health insurance, risk management and employee benefits and group insurance. You'll acquire skills that are in growing demand in the accounting, information and medical fields.
- Latest tools and technology are available in Centennial Hall.
- Centralized advising, career guidance and counseling services give you easily accessed support.
- Five courses (15 credits) required.
- St. Cloud State is an approved college for the Travelers EDGE® Program. This innovative educational opportunity provides college students with financial, academic, professional development and mentoring support while preparing students for a career at Travelers or the insurance and financial services industry. Learn more information.
- 45 years of accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and AACSB International.
- Professors think and work locally and globally to provide the widest perspective on issues related to insurance.
- University accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Claims adjuster
- Insurance broker/sales
- Financial planner
- Human resources
- Risk manager
- Medical insurance
Connect With Us
Herberger Business School
Herberger Business School Students/Alumni