Research and Sponsored Programs
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs supports research, scholarship and creative achievement. The office's work is guided by the Community of Scholars workplan and the Scholarship, Research and Creative Achievement Committee.
Student Research Profiles
Scholarship, Research and Creative Achievement Committee
The Scholarship, Research and Creative Achievement Committee (SRCA) is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Foster a positive and supportive climate that allows faculty and staff the opportunity to engage in research, scholarship, and creative activity.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Community of Scholars work plan.
- Make funding recommendations for research and scholarly project awards funded by Research and Sponsored Programs.
- Foster communications and collaborations with external partners and stakeholders.
- Make recommendations related to research, scholarship, and creative activity procedures and policy. Policy issues will subsequently be reviewed through the appropriate governance channels.
- Periodically review and update the Community of Scholars work plan.
Community of Scholars
The Community of Scholars Plan recognizes that as a community of scholars working at a comprehensive state university, St. Cloud State will:
- Recognize and foster scholarship as central to our mission
- Promote scholarship in service to our community
- Support the unique learning and scholarship environments that foster high-quality graduate education
- Develop a shared understanding of what scholarship, creative achievements, and research mean at our university