Students in the general business major are entering a global field where information, economics and people collide. You will be prepared to enter and lead in a variety of industries. You will develop the skills in the role computer-based information systems play in organizations, how to assess global, domestic and industry trends and how to manage people, information, technology and more to produce goods and services. You will have a well-rounded business education touching on accounting, business law, computing, economics, marketing and statistics.
The general business major is offered in a variety of delivery options, including:
- St. Cloud on-campus program;
- Accelerated Online Program;
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College partnership program in an accelerated 3-year format.
- This discipline is also available as a minor to complement other majors.
- The state-of-the-art Northwestern Mutual Sales Lab gives you the edge in sales or sales management careers.
- Students can choose from 12 business-related student organizations to create professional connections, develop leadership skills and build international friendships.
- Education abroad opportunities in Spain, England, Germany, Australia, Netherlands and elsewhere that have a business focus.
- Academically active and industry-experienced faculty members teach the latest techniques for keeping pace with the changing business world.
- You'll learn in small classes taught by faculty qualified in their disciplines and active in research.
- The Herberger Business School is accredited by AACSB International at the bachelor's and master's degree levels. The school has been accredited for more than 45 years.
- Faculty in the Herberger Business School have been published in some of the most prestigious and influential professional journals and presented at conferences nationally and worldwide.
- An alumni network connects students to business leaders throughout the state and nation.
- All Herberger Business School majors complete core classes in accounting, economics, mathematics, marketing, communications, technology, law, ethics and financial principles.
- Sales or customer service
- Business Executive
University Facts & Stats
- 96% of courses are faculty-taught
- Among Forbes' "America's Top Colleges"
- Average class size: 23 students
- A 2021 Military Friendly® Top 10 School designation
Connect With Us
Herberger Business School
Herberger Business School Students/Alumni