Accounting students are prepared for careers in public accounting, industry, government, education and not-for-profit organizations. You'll develop the data and analytical skills needed to manage financial transactions; to prepare financial reports on assets, liabilities and operations; and to understand the value and limits of accounting information in an organization's decision-making process. Our coursework will build your skills and give you the confidence to apply for professional certification and to sit for professional exams such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Graduates score higher than national average on CPA exam
- Innovative and flexible curriculum
- Award-winning, experienced professors
- Paid internships provide hands-on experience and academic credit
- Professional networking opportunities through Accounting Club and departmental programs
- Business Honors Program provides opportunities for driven students to engage more closely with like-minded peers and professors
- Herberger Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels. The Business School has been accredited for more than 40 years.
- Minnesota's only accounting program that is an Institute of Internal Auditors Education Partner.
- Government/Corporate Accountant
- Financial or Tax Planner
- Bank Examiner
- Loan/Investment/Revenue Specialist
- Information Systems Specialist
- Tax Accounting Manager
University Facts & Stats
- 95% of accounting graduates employed
- Average class size: 23 students
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants
- Among Forbes' "America's Top Colleges"