Environmental / Occupational Safety and Health
On-line Safety Training
St. Cloud State is faced with the challenge of effectively training our workforce. Assigning required training, tracking who needs training, who has completed training, whose training is past due, generating management reports, certificated of completion and more is required. St. Cloud State University has provided this training portal our employees are able to click on a link to connect to the training form this website.
Our web-based interactive training makes full use of interactive multimedia. Our delivery method allows our workers to access the training from any GMW, Facilities Management, or supervisor PC connected to the Internet. It uses full-motion video to teach the concepts. All of the titles include course interactions that actively involve the learner in the instruction. Lesson interactions provide the learner opportunities to apply what he or she has learned. The computer assesses the learner’s level of understanding of all learning objectives. When the learner answers a question incorrectly the computer provides remedial instruction and reviews the material until the learner can answer correctly. All questions in the course are fully narrated. Narrations enhance comprehension and are welcome support for learners with reading skill deficits and when English is the learner’s second language. St. Cloud State can add languages other than English and have many courses in Spanish and French.
These training programs feature:
- Powerful learner controls and interactions- gives learners’ control over the pace and direction of the training. Controls include: skip forward; skip backward, reverse play, fast forward, glossary, and a video topical index.
- Narrated questions – the system highlights the words as it needs them to help students that may need help with comprehension.
- Narrated presentation- each course features full motion video and all of the course presentations are narrated.
Below are the instructions for access to the training website. Attached are PDF files with the individual and group training schedules along with the scheduled due dates of completion. We need to make a effort to meet these completion dates. These completion dates will ensure we meet our OSHA compliance obligations.
Instructions for Completing Online Safety Training
- Log in to the ELM System (elmprogramcompletionguide.pdf)
- Choose the My Learning option under Quick Links
- Use My Learning to complete training you are registered for.
- Access Curriculum or Certification
- From your My Learning page, choose the Curriculum or Certification link to access the assigned courses in the program. Go here each time you want to check your progress on the requirements of the program.
- Complete Required Courses in the Program (After clicking on the program link you will see your list of assigned courses)
- Choose the Launch button to initiate courses with the status of Not Enrolled.
- No Launch button will display for Enrolled or In-progress courses.
- When you have completed a requirement, the course option will no longer display from the program link.
- After clicking the Launch button, you will be brought to another page to complete the Launch.
- Click on the Launch link to start the course, which will open in a new tab. (Note: Anytime you launch a course it will open in a new tab).
- After completing the course, you can close that tab to return to ELM. ELM will track your progress in a course if you leave and re-launch the course later.
- Repeat these steps to complete each course assigned to the program.
- Launching Enrolled, In-progress, or Completed eLearning
- From the My Learning page, you can launch eLearning if a blue Launch/Play Icon is displayed.
- The icon will be missing if the course is closed (no launch icon will display for an in-person training).
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Your workstation and web browser must be set up correctly for the course to play and record completion.
- Turn off Pop-up Blocker (common problem in Chrome).
- Allow Flash to run if prompted.
- If you experience issues, logout and try logging into Self Service from a different browser.
- Ex: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer.
- Work with the Helpdesk and review the state’s Technical Help Guide if you continue to experience issues.
- Contact the ELM.Helpdesk@MinnState.edu with questions.