Department of Information Systems
Which Program Sparks Your Interest?
We offer a bachelor of science and minor in Information Systems. The minor is available to Business majors, non-Business majors, and Bachelor of Elective Studies students.
Information Systems Programs
We offer a master's degree and undergraduate certificate in Information Assurance.
Information Assurance Programs
5-year B.S./M.S. Information Systems
Receive a Information Systems bachelor of science and Master of Science in Information Assurance in only five years. This option is for highly motivated students who perform well in their freshmen and sophomore years.
Please see a faculty member for more information and admittance to this program.
This undergraduate certificate can be added on to a number of undergraduate majors.
Program Educational Objectives
- Identify the roles of information systems in business organizations.
- Apply systems concepts to analyze a business problem and recommend an information systems solution.
- Apply project management knowledge areas through project management processes to successfully manage projects i.e., meeting requirements, budget, and schedule.
- Model enterprise data requests and utilize database management systems.
- Create information systems applications using current system analysis and design processes and techniques.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Support the delivery, use, and management of information systems within an information systems environment. [IS Specific]