Students who pursue a specialization in information assurance will be the people who manage the risks related to data, information systems or applications for businesses, agencies and organizations. Through your coursework, you'll develop advanced knowledge in the field of information security. You'll learn the advanced skills and techniques for handling issues related to risk management, business continuity and disaster recovery. You'll find those skills are in high demand in a wide variety of fields.
- Latest tools and technology are available in the recently remodeled Centennial Hall on campus.
- Centralized advising, career guidance and counseling services give you easily accessed support.
- Three classes (nine credits) required for certificate completion.
- St. Cloud State has the only undergraduate program in information technology security in Minnesota
- Over 45 years of accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and AACSB International.
- The Bachelor of Science in Information Systems is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET.
- The Bachelor of Science in Information Systems program also follows the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) guidelines on curriculum.
- Faculty internationally recognized in the field.
- Three labs house about 170 computers running Windows and Linux.
- Information Technology and Security Club (ITSC)
- Information Systems Club
- Information Assurance Club
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCyS)
- Computer Science Club
- Graduate Student Organization
- Network Administrator/Security Officer
- IT Security Administrator
- IT Support Specialist
- Information Systems Security Specialist
- Security/Network Engineer
- Information Security Manager
- Data Archiving/Security
Connect With Us
Herberger Business School
Herberger Business School Students/Alumni