Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Our students find facilities that were designed and equipped to assist and inspire them.
- 400 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer
- Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer
- Ultraviolet-Visible Spectrometers
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometers
- Agilent Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometer
- Radiochemistry facility with an array of radioisotope counting/detecting equipment
- Agilent High Performance Liquid Chromatograph
- 3 preparatory and general chemistry labs
- 1 analytical lab
- 1 inorganic lab
- 1 organic lab
- 1 physical chemistry lab
- 1 biochemistry lab
- 1 forensic science lab.
Each faculty member also has a laboratory specific to their research.
Library and Computational Facilities
- Chemical Information – Research Guides and Resources
- We hold a site license for the Spartan software from Wavefunction, Inc., a valuable research and teaching tool for computational modeling of molecules, estimation of their electronic and steric properties, and simulation of reactions at the molecular level.