Department of Campus Involvement

Budget and Finance

There are many ways our office supports student organizations as they are planning events. Below you will find information on how to process payments and information about the two different types of student organization accounts. If you have any questions please contact the student organization support staff.
Note: Payments cannot be processed unless there is adequate funding in the account.

Processing Payments

Paying for Event Decorations or Supplies:
Pay for items and submit Payment Request Form for reimbursement
Complete the Student Organization Purchasing Card Request form. Then meet with Lori ( to purchase items using Student Organization Purchasing Card.

Paying for Conference Registration Fees:
Pay for registration and submit Payment Request Form for reimbursement
Complete the Student Organization Purchasing Card Request Form. Then meet with Lori to purchase items using Student Organization Purchasing Card.

Paying for Travel Accommodations for Conferences (Airplane or Hotel):
*Please bring the completed/signed Student Organization Travel Authorization Form
Pay and submit Payment Request Form for reimbursement
Complete the Student Organization Purchasing Card Request Form. Then meet with Lori ( to purchase items using Student Organization Purchasing Card.

Paying for Chartwells Invoices:
After events, Chartwells will email an invoice to the person that submitted the Catering Request.
Print the invoice and have your adviser sign the bottom, write “OK to pay”, and the Student Organization Account Number.
Bring signed invoice to Lori ( to process

Paying for printing or copies for your organization at Copies Plus:
As the staff for the charge form and write your student organization number. The printing costs will be billed directly to your account.

Paying for a Speaker, Performer, DJ, etc.:
Student Organization must fill out the Contract Information Sheet
Meet with Lori ( to start contracting process

Purchasing at Target, Amazon or Walmart:
Meet with Lori (, DCI Office Manager, to order items directly and bill to your university account .

Fundraising Account [900]

900 account: Account where dues, donations, funds raised monies are to be deposited. To be used for purposes of student organization operations. (To find about your account; stop by Department of Campus Involvement (Atwood Memorial Center-134) or contact the Student Organization Support Staff)

  • Deposit Form
    • To deposit organization’s money generated through different fund- raising events
  • Process for Spending Money with 900 Account
  • Opening 900 Account
  • Fundraising Policies
    • Use the fundraising check list (PDF) for all your fundraising or philanthropy events. This helpful guide is a great resource to ensure the money from your event is processed efficiently and also includes useful tips and fundraising examples.
    • Food Sales:
      • Any food-related sales anywhere on campus must be approved and coordinated through Huskies Dining. 
      • Contact Huskies Dining Catering at 320-308-4295
    • Sport Clubs:
      • Any event involving a sport club using university recreational facilities must be coordinated through Campus Recreation
    • Residence Halls:
      • Any event or programming using facilities in a Residence Hall must be coordinated through the Residential Life Department
    • Human Auctions:
      • Auctions which involve selling, bidding for, or in any way paying for person’s individual company or services are prohibited
    • Games of Chance/Raffles:
      • Gambling for money or other things of value on campus or at University sponsored activities is prohibited except as permitted by law (this includes but not limited to Bingo, Raffles, Sport Brackets, etc.)
      • Drawings are permitted where winner is selected randomly
      • Student Organization Support Staff can assist in the planning of events or answer specific gambling questions
    • For more information and all fundraising policies see fundraising section in Student Organization Guidebook.
  • On Campus Fundraising
  • Off Campus/Community Fundraising
    • Use the fundraising check list (PDF) for all your fundraising or philanthropy events. Following the checklist will insure money from your event is processed efficiently. The checklist has tips for success and fundraising examples.
    • Off-campus charitable, not-for-profit and commercial enterprises offer programming opportunities, which often include sales. Such programs may be brought on campus under the co-sponsorship of registered student organizations.
    • It is recommended that when planning an off-campus fundraiser, organizations obtain written permission from the owner of the private property before scheduling an event. The permission form should include the date of the event, type of event, what the student organization will be doing, number of participants, contact person's name, address and phone number, and the type of security, if necessary. If more detailed arrangements are required, a written contract is recommended. A contract protects both parties and clearly spells out agreements in writing.
    • For off-campus events and events involving physical activity, insurance should be considered. A written disclaimer giving participants notice of risk should be provided. View our template release of liability form (PDF).
      • Step 1: Contact your local Vendor who can provide fundraising opportunity; and get their information (name, email, phone number of Manager).
      • Step 2: Complete fundraising application provided by the vendor.
      • Step 3: Contact the Student Organization Support Staff with any questions
    • If the company/organization is requesting a Tax Exempt form in order to complete the fundraising application contact the Student Organization Support Staff.
  • Funding Sources
    • This is not an exhaustive list of funding sources. Student organizations are encouraged to seek other funding sources that comply with St. Cloud State and Department of Campus Involvement policies.
    • Senate Finance Committee Free Balance and Reserve Funding: Registered student organizations may request funds through the free balance and/or reserve funds throughout the academic year. To be eligible to request reserve or free balance funding, organizations must have been registered with the University for at least 16 weeks.
    • Membership Dues: Registered student organizations are required to have a membership section to their constitution and to review and submit the constitution annually to Department of Campus Involvement. Student organizations may charge membership dues as listed in their constitution, and are encouraged to set the dues at a level that encourages student involvement.
    • Fundraising Events: A successful fundraiser can do much more for an organization than raise money. The event can commemorate an important day or week, build group and campus community, give event planning experience to new members and be an opportunity for campus and community visibility for the organization. Additional information regarding fundraising can be found in the Fundraising section of this guidebook.
    • Food Sales: Student organizations may reserve the grill for cookout fundraisers through Atwood Memorial Center Administrative offices. All food sales must be done in coordination with Chartwells. Chartwells staff can be reached at 320-308-4295.
    • Cultural Diversity Grants: The Cultural Diversity Committee annually solicits proposals from faculty, staff, management and students that address cultural diversity. Guidelines have included cultural diversity initiatives that emphasize the areas of student recruitment, student retention, and faculty/staff retention of domestic groups of racial and ethnic minorities. Projects may also address the areas of curriculum, campus and community environment. Questions regarding this grant should be directed to the Cultural Diversity Committee Chairperson at 320-308-4928.
    • Co-Sponsorship/Collaboration: It is recommended that student organizations collaborate and/or co-sponsor events with other student organizations or campus departments to share in the cost of the event and to reach a wider audience.
    • Vendor Sponsorship: Student organizations are welcome to solicit vendors to sponsor their event or portions of their event on their own. Department of Campus Involvement staff members are available to answer questions about vendor sponsorships. Student organizations should follow the appropriate promotional standards regarding vendor sponsorships.
    • Any inappropriate sponsors brought to the attention of the Department of Campus Involvement office will be investigated through procedures explained in St. Cloud State's Student Code of Community Standards.

Senate Finance Committee (SFC) Account [334]

334 Account: Account where the funds allocated by Senate Finance Committee are deposited. Fund includes Free Balance, Speaker/Entertainer, Equipment purchase, Interpreters. (Not sure if your organization has an account or want know more; contact Senate Finance Committee.) 

The Senate Finance Committee (SFC) is the committee within Student Government Committee that is responsible for allocating funding to Student Organizations at St. Cloud State University. 

2023-2024 Information

  • All Senate Finance Committee Policies and Forms can be found on their HuskiesConnect Profile, click here.
    • Once a club or organization is approved for funding through SFC, there are two ways to spend the allocated money from 334 account:

Contact Senate Finance Committee

Senate Finance Committee Chair

Senate Finance Committee Adviser(s)
Tommy Balicky

Carly Frederick


Account Balance 

Student Organization leaders can acquire their current account (900 or 334) balances by coming to the Department of Campus Involvement front desk (Atwood 134) or by emailing the Student Organization support staff and they can provide that update. To protect our student organizations, account numbers and balances will only be given to leaders that are listed on HuskiesConnect Rosters or their faculty/staff adviser. 


Payment Request Form (1400) 
Contract Information Sheet
Treasurer Budget Template 
Deposit Form
Liability Waiver (DOC) 
Copyright Requirements (PDF) 

Connect with SCSU