Student Benefits

Graduating PSEO Students

To thank you for your participation in the SCSU PSEO program, students who are graduating from high school who have been involved with the PSEO program receive a number of 'perks.'

Admission as a Degree-Seeking Student

Students considering enrolling at SCSU after high school and their PSEO experience must apply for degree-seeking admission to the University by submitting an application for admission and official high school transcripts. Students may receive an application fee waiver by contacting the PSEO Office at (320) 308-2941, stopping by our office in Centennial Hall , room 366 to request one, or sending an email request to

PSEO students must also have ACT scores on file to be considered for degree-seeking admission.


Scholarships are available to new degree students who meet scholarship criteria. These scholarships are offered through the Office of Admissions and awards are included in student's official acceptance packet. Details on scholarship eligibility and amounts are available online.

Advising & Registration Days

All PSEO students who are transitioning into degree-seeking students must attend an Advising & Registration Day. Please visit their website for additional details & to register.

Students who earn a minimum of 15 credits in the PSEO program will be invited to an advanced Advising Day in the spring. Students must be admitted by February 15 for this benefit. Invitations are sent in March for eligible students. Students not meeting the minimum credit requirements, not applying for degree-admission by the deadline (Feb 15) or choosing not to attend the PSEO Advising Day are required to attend a full day, summer Advising Day program.

Don't forget... Now that you're becoming a degree-seeking student, you'll also be eligible for financial aid, on-campus housing and many other campus resources. If you have earned college credits through other campuses, be sure to send a transcript from that college/university to SCSU to ensure a smooth credit evaluation.

Attending another College/University?

Be sure to send an official SCSU transcript to your new school to ensure your credits are evaluated in transfer. Students attending another MnSCU campus will not be charged for official transcripts sent. Students attending all other colleges/universities will need to follow the guidelines for sending transcripts.