The PSEO Orientation program is designed to help you transition from high school student to official SCSU student.
We host an orientation program to explain how our program works and the expectations we have of you as a PSEO student. You must attend an on-campus orientation program prior to registering for courses.
We know you have very busy schedules, so part of the program is completed online at your own convenience. The second portion is done on-campus to familiarize you with our advisors and to assist with your course registration.
Admitted PSEO students - complete the following steps:
- STEP 1: Register for an on-campus Orientation Program. Registration for Fall 2015 Orientation will be available in June.
- Students should plan to bring a photo ID, their SCSU ID number (found on your acceptance letter) and a list of course(s) you need for Fall semester.
- Students who will only be taking one online course who live outside of the St. Cloud region may have the option of a phone/Skype session. Please contact a staff member for details.
- Students should activate their StarID and bring it to Orientation.
- STEP 2: Complete Placement Testing (if needed). Registration for some courses is based upon placement scores from the ACT, SAT or Accuplacer. Please see the Placement Testing Policy to determine if you need to test or not and schedule your placement test. Staff in First Year & Transition Programs can assist you in course recommendations as well. We strongly encourage you to complete placement testing prior to your registration to avoid any conflicts in securing the classes you want. We have simplified the Accuplacer registration process for PSEO students. Simply log into the ACCUPLACER system and check "PSEO English" or "PSEO Mathematics" or both, depending upon the placement test(s) you need. However, we recommend you take the ACT and use those results to determine if you need Accuplacer to avoid excessive testing.
- STEP 3: Attend your on-campus PSEO Student Orientation program. We will discuss the program policies, student expectations, learn about course selection and meet in small groups to register for spring courses & activate your SCSU official email account, HuskyNet. Parents/family members cannot attend in place of PSEO students, but may attend as guests. Students must attend the entire Orientation program, lasting approximately 2 hours. Students may choose to stay to register, or may leave and register on their own.
- NOTE: This format does not allow for individual advising appointments. Students are to come to the program with a list of courses they need to fulfill their high school graduation requirements and their SCSU equivalencies. Students who have completed all high school requirements should spend time prior to Orientation considering course options, academic interests and possible major programs. We strongly recommend you connect with the college/university you plan to attend following high school for course recommendations as well.
- STEP 4: Secure your SCSU ID card, textbooks, materials, parking permits, meal plans & anything else you'd like before classes begin. We recommend doing these activities in December/January before classes begin.