Apply Early - Avoid Disappointment.
Start early as it takes time to acquire documents necessary to complete your application.
Follow the checklist on the right to successfully complete your application. It is very important to read the details as they apply to you.
- Many of the exams that may be required of you are administered through the St. Cloud State Testing Center.
- Read some helpful tips on how to secure strong recommendations.
- Additional application materials may be required by your chosen program.
New Online Admissions Application!
To better serve our graduate applicants a new online graduate admission application has been launched. Features that will allow the application process to speed along include:
- Upload unofficial transcripts.
- Unofficial documents will be used for the admission review process. If admitted, you will need to submit official documents before coursework commences.
- Upload your statement of intent, resume, and a writing sample (if required).
- Applicants may also submit unofficial copies of GRE/GMAT scores, TOEFL/IELTS/PTE and International transcript evaluations (if required) for the review process.
- If admitted, you will need to submit official documents before coursework commences.
- Through an online system, request your recommenders to submit an online recommendation form.
- You can work on completion of your application in multiple sessions if you choose. Just log back in!
- Pay the application fee online through a credit card. Or submit online and send a check via postal mail.
- By logging back into your application account you can track if an online recommendation has been submitted and send a reminder if needed.
- You can also log back into your application account to check if specific application materials have been received or are still required.
Once your application is complete and all application materials are received, the School of Graduate Studies begins the evaluation process.
- Non-degree seeking (Student Guests): $20.00
- Course work leading to licensure: $20.00
- Graduate certificate: $40.00
- Master-level graduate program: $40.00
- Doctoral program: $55.00
Fees are non-refundable and are in compliance with MnSCU policies.
Application Fee Duration and Deferral of Admission
- The admission application fee is applicable for one year from the initial desired term of enrollment.
- If you are admitted and need to defer your admissions, an admitted student may defer enrollment for up to one year if approved by the graduate program coordinator and communicated to the School of Graduate Studies.
- It is important that a deferment request is made with the graduate program coordinator and approved before the intended term of enrollment begins.
- This process allows an admitted student three semesters (including summer term) from the initial desired term to enroll without needing to reapply.
- Example: An applicant applies and is admitted to fall semester 2014. If permitted by the program, the applicant may defer admission to fall semester 2015. If the applicant sought to defer to spring semester 2015 a new application and application fee would be required for reconsideration.
- Extensions beyond three semesters from the initial desired term will necessitate the need to reapply and submit an application fee.
- Doctoral students may defer enrollment for up to two years to join the appropriate cohort.
- An applicant denied admission or placed on a wait list must reapply and pay the application fee for each term admission consideration is sought.