Apply early -- avoid disappointment.
Start early as it takes time to acquire documents necessary to complete your application.
Follow the checklist on the right to successfully complete your application. It is very important to read the details as they apply to you. Please note:
- Once an application deadline passes, the next available term will be displayed on the online graduate admission application.
- All application materials must be uploaded in the submitted application or POSTMARKED by the posted application deadline to guarantee review for the term sought.
- The graduate school will continue to process application materials received after the application deadline, but cannot guarantee that candidacy can be reviewed for the original term sought.
Online Admissions Application
Features that allow the application process to speed along include:
- Upload unofficial transcripts.
- Unofficial documents will be used for the admission review process. If admitted, you will need to submit official documents before coursework commences.
- Official documents of a higher education institution or agency (TOEFL, IELTS, WES, GRE, GMAT), encompass the characteristics of being official, if they are sealed, or directly reported from an institution or agency, to the School of Graduate Studies. Opened, unsealed documents by prospective applicants or admitted students are considered unofficial.
- Upload your statement of intent, resume, and a writing sample (if required).
- Applicants may also submit unofficial copies of GRE/GMAT scores, TOEFL/IELTS/PTE and International transcript evaluations (if required) for the review process.
- If admitted, you will need to submit official documents before coursework commences.
- Through an online system, request your recommenders to submit an online recommendation form.
- You can work on completion of your application in multiple sessions if you choose. Just log back in!
- Once you submit your application, you can no longer make changes to it or upload additional documents.
- Pay the application fee online through a credit card. Or submit online and send a check via postal mail.
- By logging back into your application account you can track if an online recommendation has been submitted and send a reminder if needed.
- You can also log back into your application account to check if specific application materials have been received or are still required.
Once your application is complete and all application materials are received, the School of Graduate Studies begins the evaluation process.
- Non-degree seeking (student guests): $20
- Course work leading to licensure: $20
- Graduate certificate: $40
- Master-level graduate program: $40
- Doctoral program: $55
Fees are non-refundable and are in compliance with Minnesota State policies.
Application Fee Duration
- The admission application fee is applicable for one year from the initial desired term of enrollment.
- An applicant has one year from the desired term of enrollment indicated on the admissions application to submit all requested application materials. If materials are not received within the time period, the applicant must reapply and pay a new application fee.
- An applicant denied admission or placed on a wait list must reapply and pay the application fee for each term admission consideration is sought.
Previously admitted SCSU graduate students
- You will need to submit an online admission application and pay the full application fee for each licensure track, graduate certificate, master-level program to which you seek admission consideration.
- Additional copies of your transcript and test scores are not necessary.
- A new statement of intent and recommendation forms are highly encouraged.
- If you choose to apply to multiple graduate programs or certificates for the same semester, you will need to submit an online admission application and pay an application fee for each graduate program to which you seek admission consideration.
- Additional copies of your transcripts and test scores are not necessary.
- A separate statement of intent and recommendation forms are highly encouraged for each program to which you will apply.
- The School of Graduate Studies encourages an applicant to apply for admission consideration for one program their first semester.
- Once established in the initial program we welcome our enrolled students to apply for a certificate or an additional graduate degree in a future semester.
- If you are a McNair Scholar, the School of Graduate Studies will waive your application fee.
- Please complete the requested information in the application.
- The fee is automatically waived during the submission process.