Application deadlines are listed on each program page Be sure to check the deadlines established by your program. A substantial number of St. Cloud State's graduate programs will start new students both fall and spring semester and during the summer sessions. Apply early to avoid disappointment! Sufficient time is needed to carefully complete the many steps of the application process. International applicants also need time to receive an I-20, to schedule embassy visa appointments and to secure travel and living arrangements.
Key to Understanding Application Deadlines
Application deadline date listed.
Programs with a listed application deadline date will hold all completed applicant files until the application deadline date, then academic review will begin. The program will review all completed applications at one time (in a pool) and may request an interview as part of the process to award limited spaces. If space remains in the program, a second round of review and possible interviews may be held for completed files received prior to the final deadline listed for the program. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application deadline listed plus rolling.
Programs with a listed application deadline plus rolling (e.g. April 1/Rolling) will review completed applications as soon as they are submitted and all application materials received. Applications are continuously reviewed for admission until the listed deadline, after which guaranteed service for the term sought, is not possible.
Programs listed with rolling admission review completed applications as soon as they are submitted and all application materials received. Applications are continuously accepted until the final application deadline for the term, after which guaranteed service for the term sought, is not possible.
Applications for admission are accepted by program until the program application deadline has passed. Application deadlines are listed on each program page
Last date by which applications for the term listed can be processed within the School of Graduate Studies
|Applicant type||Fall Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|
|Domestic Applicants||August 15||December 15||May 1|
|International Applicants Inside the U.S.||August 15||December 15||May 1|
|International Applicants Outside the U.S.||June 15||October 15||February 15|
N/A = Not available.
Additional Application Deadline Information
- A completed online application and application fee must be submitted electronically by the application deadlines listed on your program page.
- Once an application deadline passes, the next available term will be displayed on the online graduate admission application. Your application will be considered for the term selected in the application.
- All application materials must be uploaded in the submitted application or POSTMARKED by the posted application deadline to guarantee review for the term sought.
- The graduate school will continue to process application materials received after the application deadline, but cannot guarantee that applicants can be reviewed for the original term sought.
- Graduate Certificate course work is open to international students once enrolled in a degree program on campus.