It is important to read and work through the following transcript details:
- Unofficial transcripts from U.S. and Canadian institutions are needed from each undergraduate institution unless you accumulated less than 15 credits. Official transcripts will need to be submitted upon admission.
- Unofficial transcripts from U.S. and Canadian institutions are needed from each graduate institution you attended regardless of the number of credits. Official transcripts will need to be submitted upon admission.
- SCSU transcripts and those from MnSCU institutions do not need to be requested, SCSU can obtain your transcript directly. However, if credits from institutions outside MnSCU were used toward your undergraduate degree, those transcripts should be sent directly by the granting institution.
International Transcript Evaluation Requirements
- Applicants who have been awarded a bachelor's and or graduate degree from an international higher education institution (recognized by the country's Education Ministry) need to submit a NACES evaluation preferably completed by the WES organization.
- A NACES-affiliated transcript evaluation, preferably completed by the WES organization is required of applicants who have studied outside of the United States or Canada. Your undergraduate, graduate and doctoral transcripts from non-USA or non-Canadian education institutions must be sent to WES by the issuing institution. Official transcripts need to be submitted from each institution unless you accumulated less than 15 credits.
- This process is as important as completing the admission application. An applicant's international credentials will not be reviewed for admission consideration until a transcript evaluation is completed.
- If you have a graduate degree from a United States or Canadian accredited institution, a course-by-course transcript evaluation of your international undergraduate work may not be necessary. Please confer with the Director of Graduate Admissions.
- You can apply for a transcript evaluation on the WES web site, and should select the course-by-course evaluation. Please make sure that St. Cloud State University is listed as one of the recipients of the WES evaluation. Once all required documentation has been received by WES, the evaluation usually takes 7 to 10 days to complete.
- If you request an international transcript evaluation before your last term's grades are posted it is NOT necessary, after completing your last term, to have a revision evaluation completed by WES or a NACES organization. The School of Graduate Studies at St. Cloud State University does NOT require this additional revision service. Some applicants may still elect to have their last semester of grades evaluated by WES for future employment or educational purposes. The cost is $80.
- You are requested to send the School of Graduate Studies an attested copy of your last term marks/grades and diploma if it is not included in your transcript evaluation. At the time of enrollment at SCSU, all grades must be recorded on your official transcript and the appropriate degree must be conferred and posted. If the appropriate degree is not conferred, you will not be allowed to commence coursework.