Advising Resources for Faculty
Training / Workshops
Advisors from Advising and Student Transitions offer training for faculty who would like to learn more about:
- General Education / Liberal Education Program (LEP)
- University academic policies
- Degree Audit Reports (DARS)
- Transfer Credits
- Advising and Registration Days
- Developmental advising
Advisors in Advising and Student Transitions will serve as a liaison with the different colleges and schools at St. Cloud State. Liaisons are charged to serve as a resource to staff in departments, schools and colleges. They also keep our office abreast of changes within each area, particularly as they might affect new students.
- College of Liberal Arts/School of the Arts: Janelle LeBlanc
- School of Public Affairs: Lois Traut
- School of Health and Human Services: Susan Massmann
- School of Education: Deb Ubl-Mitzel
- College of Science and Engineering/School of Computing, Engineering & the Environment: Berit Merrill
Intended Major Advisor Updates
Advising and Student Transitions is responsible for making advisor assignments for all students with an intended major. Each department updates its list of advisors on a yearly basis. This list is used to assign new students and to reassign current students who have chosen intended majors within a department.
Faculty advisors who would like to serve as the advisor for a student with an intended major in their department can contact Advising and Student Transitions to make that request.
Declared Major Advisor Updates
The Records and Registration Office is responsible for making advisor assignments for students with a declared major. Contact the Registrar if your department has changes to make regarding advisor assignments for declared majors.
Advising and Registration Days
Advising and Student Transitions coordinates Advising and Registration Days for all students newly admitted to the university. Students are invited to reserve their spot for an Advising Day on our web based reservation system.
New Entering First Year Students (NEF) are required to attend an Advising Day before they can sign up for their first semester classes.
New Entering Transfer Students (NET) are required to attend an Advising Day or to complete the Online Transfer Advising Program through D2L Brightspace. Advising and Student Transitions partners with advisors in academic departments to provide individual advising opportunities for all incoming transfer students.
- Online course schedule - Search for course offerings. Fall/Spring course schedule is no longer printed
- E-Services Sign In Obtain your list of advisees with their access codes (if required), degree audits, academic record (unofficial transcript) and contact information. Questions related to the degree audit may be referred to email@example.com
- General Education checklists - You can find up to date general education information in the University Catalog. Refer to your individual advisee's degree audit to identify to track completion of the general education program.
- Final Examination Schedule
- Registration Calendar - drop/add/withdrawal dates
- Registration Schedule by earned credit priority
- Meeting dates for Evening Classes
- Standards of Scholarship - Undergraduate
See Procedure - For information about GPA and credit completion rate.
- Contact information for the Office of Records and Registration firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-2111