What We Offer
The Women’s Center offers a comprehensive array of services and resources to meet the needs of students. These include:
- Gender violence response services are delivered by a team of trained student and staff advocates who provide a confidential, trauma-informed, non-judgmental, and non-victim blaming space for victim/survivors of abuse, violence, and stalking.
- These services may include emotional support/processing, safety planning, referrals, assistance with campus safety/support measures and academic accommodations, consciousness-raising supportive groups, educational resources on relationship and sexuality issues, and providing information/options on laws, policies, reporting options, and legal processes.
- Assistance, support, and advocacy related to Title IX issues (e.g., sexist discrimination, violence, or harassment based on sex, gender identity, and/or sexual orientation)
- Free safer sex and menstruation supplies for members of the campus community, including tampons, pads, liners, internal and external condoms, lubricant, and pregnancy tests.
- Scholarships for nontraditional students
- Opportunities for student internships and employment with a team committed to the practice of anti-oppression, resistance, and activism for change.
- Dear Pat is a catalogue of stories, rants, and experiences of everyday sexism, misogyny, and patriarchal violence. You're invited to submit your story virtually or in-person at the Women's Center.
- Presentations & educational programming on topics such as rape culture, affirmative sexual consent, healthy relationships and sexuality, intro to the Women's Center, bystander intervention, sex trafficking, and pornography. Please see the menu of presentations we offer.
- Staff/professional trainings
- Assistance with student academic projects
- Faculty curriculum assistance and consultation about women’s, gender, feminist, sexism, and violence-related issues
- Referrals for on-campus and off-campus community resources.