School of Public Affairs

Transfer Information

Student on bench with computer

Hello, future Husky!

Navigating the transfer process can be confusing and overwhelming, but we are here to help you along the way. 

Start here!
Office of Admissions

Transfer Guides

Transferring courses to SCSU

To transfer courses from Minnesota State Institutions, you can request an e-transcript and to transfer courses from non-Minnesota State Institutions, send your official transcript(s) to the Office of Records and Registration

Students will need their Star ID in order to complete a transfer request. If you do not yet have a Star ID, learn how to activate it now.

Transfer Course Review and Credit Appeal

For courses from a previous institution that did not transfer into SCSU as you expected, please login to eServices, click on "Academic Records", click on "Transfer Review" and submit a request with your question. You will be instructed to attach additional documentation such as:

  • Course outline/description (Minnesota State institutions only)
  • Course syllabus (preferred)
  • Sample assignments/exams