Students in the Recreation and Sports Management major learn how to bridge the fields of sports, recreation and business to have an impact in a fast-growing economic segment of a society eager to balance work and life. Courses in business, sales, marketing skills, health and safety standards and public relations techniques are offered. The personal and social dynamics of leisure and recreation will be highlighted. The program provides an opportunity to gain organizational, administration and management skills useful in park and recreation departments, professional sports organizations, fitness programs, recreation and aquatic facilities, golf courses, resorts and fitness centers and camps.
- Take classes, study, work and recreate in Halenbeck North and South, Husky Stadium, Fieldhouse and the Herb Brooks National Hockey Center. These facilities accommodate instruction, research, athletics, and recreational activities.
- Distinguished faculty, coaches and support personnel with numerous honors and accolades with performances and/or academic rigor.
- Student organizations, recreation clubs, intramurals, exercise and group fitness programming provides leadership and community interaction opportunities.
- This discipline is also available as a minor to complement another major.
- Practicum and Internship opportunities cover a broad variety of placements and positions.
- Major electives are selected by the students, flexibility in strengthening career experience.
- Alumni network in professional, collegiate and high school and youth sports.
- Sports Management Club
- Variety of Club Sports
- Intramurals and Extramurals
- All levels of Athletic and Wellness Coaches
- Facility and Event Managers and Directors
- City Parks and Recreation Department Directors
- YMCA Programmers
- Sports and Equipment Sales and Marketing
- Athletic Directors: Middle School, High School and Collegiate
Connect With Us
College of Health and Wellness Professions