Clinical exercise physiologists are allied health professionals who use scientific and practical application of exercise for the betterment of health, fitness and quality of life for patients at high risk or living with chronic disease. Our program prepares students to assess, develop and supervise individualized exercise prescriptions for diverse clinical and special populations.
- No GRE Requirement!
- Small classes focus on theoretical foundations, practical situations and applied learning in clinicals settings.
- Prepares graduates to sit for the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Clinical Exercise Physiologist Exam.
- Problem-based learning approach exposes students to working in teams, developing creativity and initiative and enhancing written and oral communication skills.
- Elective classes allow students to build a curriculum to meet their personal academic and career goals.
- The Husky Physical Activity and Wellness Center, located in Eastman Hall, offers experiential learning opportunities for students to apply their skills and help reduce barriers and increase the accessibility of health and wellness for students, faculty, and staff.
- Faculty actively engage in a variety of research projects within the Human Performance Lab and attend local, regional, national, and international conferences.
- The Human Performance Lab provides an experiential and lab opportunities for students to perform exercise testing with members of the community.
- Graduate Assistantships are offered in the Husky PAW, Human Performance Lab, and Kinesiology Department.
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Specialist
- Exercise Oncology Specialist
- Chronic Disease Lifestyle Coach
Connect With Us
School of Graduate Studies
College of Health and Wellness Professions
St. Cloud State University