Multicultural Student Services

Student Employment


Students of color who are not eligible for work study funds through financial aid can apply in the Multicultural Student Services office for campus employment. Student job placement is dependent upon availability of funds, need for student workers on campus and financial need of the student.

Students may submit their application and their information will be entered into our database. When a job placement arises, the students' abilities and experience that best match the job placement will be contacted for an interview. Job placements for students are throughout the university campus. Employment is not guaranteed with this process.

Students seeking a job on campus are highly encouraged to ask the different departments on campus about openings and to continue to be proactive in their job search. Students can also search for jobs on the Student Employment Service website.

Student Employment

To further improve your job-hunting skills, visit the Career Center. If you have been awarded work study through the Financial Aid office, visit with the work study coordinator in Administrative Services, Room 106, for placement on campus.

Off-campus employment

Most off-campus jobs are located on the bus line. 

These resources can help you search for off-campus employment:

Greater St. Cloud Job Spot


You can also visit the Minnesota Workforce Center at 1542 Northway Dr., Door 2, St. Cloud, MN 56303 or contact the center at 320-308-5320. 

International student employment

F-1 status students must provide proof of employment in order to be issued a Social Security card.

To provide verification of current or pending employment, the campus employer should give you a letter verifying on-campus employment on university letterhead with original signatures. You should then bring this letter to the Center of International Studies to be signed by a CIS staff in International Student Services.

Students will receive a receipt from the Social Security Administration when they apply for a card, and proof of this receipt is necessary for the student to be put on payroll at the university. Once on payroll, you can work while they wait for their Social Security card. It will take about four to six weeks for you to receive your card.

Contact the Center for International Studies in Lawrence Hall 101 for specific details about working on- or off-campus. 

Connect with SCSU