Students of accounting graduate prepared for careers in industry, government, education and not-for-profit organizations. You'll develop the data and analytical skills needed to manage financial transactions; to prepare financial reports on assets, liabilities and operations; and to understand the value and limits of accounting information in an organization's decision-making process. Our coursework will build your skills and give you the confidence to apply for professional certification and to sit for professional exams such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Graduates score higher than national average on CPA exam
- Innovative and flexible curriculum
- Award-winning, experienced professors
- Paid internships provide hands-on experience and academic credit
- Professional networking opportunities through Accounting Club and departmental programs
- Herberger Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at the bachelor’s and master’s degree levels. The Business School has been accredited for more than 35 years.
- Minnesota's only accounting program that is an Institute of Internal Auditors Education Partner.
- Notable alumni: Gordy Viere '75 is the chief wealth advisory officer and former CEO at CliftonLarsonAllen, the nation's ninth-largest accountancy firm. William Knese '74 chairs the global board of directors for the Institute of Management Accountants.
University Facts & Stats
- 95% of accounting graduates employed
- Average class size: 23 students
- $106 million in scholarships loans and grants
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Government/Corporate Accountant
- Financial or Tax Planner
- Bank Examiner
- Loan/Investment/Revenue Specialist
- Information Systems Specialist
- Tax Accounting Manager