Students in the general business major are entering a global field where information, economics and people collide. You will be prepared to enter and lead in a variety of industries. You will develop the skills in the role computer-based information systems play in organizations, how to assess global, domestic and industry trends and how to manage people, information, technology and more to produce goods and services. You will have a well-rounded business education touching on accounting, business law, computing, economics, marketing and statistics.
- The state-of-the-art Northwestern Mutual Sales Lab gives you the edge in sales or sales management careers.
- Students can choose from 16 business-related student organizations to create professional connections, develop leadership skills and build international friendships.
- Study abroad opportunities in Spain, England, Germany, Australia and Netherlands have a business focus.
- Academically active and industry-experienced faculty members teach the latest techniques for keeping pace with the changing business world.
- You'll learn in small classes taught by faculty qualified in their disciplines and active in research.
- The Herberger Business School is accredited by AACSB International at the bachelor's and master's degree levels. The school has been accredited for more than 35 years.
- Faculty in the Herberger Business School have been published in some of the most prestigious and influential professional journals and presented at conferences nationally and worldwide.
- An alumni network connects students to business leaders throughout the state and nation.
- All Herberger Business School majors complete core classes in accounting, economics, mathematics, marketing, communications, technology, law, ethics and financial principles.
- Accounting Club
- American Marketing Association (AMA)/Husky AMA
- APICS (Association for Operations and Supply chain Management)
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Husky Growth Fund
- Investment Club
- Information Systems (IS) Club
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- St. Cloud Real Estate Alumni Association
- Real Estate Association
- Society of Unified Management Organizations (SUMO)
University Facts & Stats
- 96% of courses are faculty-taught
- Top 1% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Average class size: 23 students
- Student-to-faculty: 23:1
- 1 of 56 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award winners
- Sales or customer service
- Business Executive