FAQs About Summer

Q: How do I register for Summer Sessions courses?
A: View instructions in the Online Registration Guide.

Q: As an admitted student, do I need to apply for Summer Sessions?
A: No, admitted students enroll using the same Online Registration System they use for spring and fall registration.

Q: I am attending St. Cloud State to take classes for credit, but do not plan to earn a St. Cloud State degree. How do I enroll?
A: Enroll as a special student by filling out the special student form. View instructions for special-student registration.

Q: The course I want to take says “permission required.” How do I get permission?
A: You must get permission from the instructor of the course. Many departments require that you fill out an override form, available in that department’s office.

Q: How much does it cost to attend Summer Sessions?
A: You pay by the credit, based on your classification and residency status. Tuition, billing and fee-payment information is available on the Student Registration and Financial Services website.

Q: What if I decide to drop some or all of my classes once I am enrolled in Summer Sessions?
A: Whether course instruction has begun or not, it is important to officially withdraw from Summer Sessions courses. Consult the withdrawals and refunds page for deadlines.

Q: How do I find out when and where my class will be held?
A: View the Course Schedule for schedule updates.

Q: When is the last day that I can register for a class?
A: You can register for a class until the first meeting day of that course.

Q: How do I transfer a St. Cloud State course to my home university?
A: Your home university makes the determination as to what credits will transfer back to them. We suggest inquiring with your home university before enrolling in courses at St. Cloud State.

Connect with SCSU