Supporting Autistic Students Success Initiative (SASSI)
Resources for Autistic Students
St. Cloud State University offers a full range of services to support student success. SASSI can help students locate and access those resources on campus, or they may contact them directly. We also provide links to useful online resources for college students with autism.
- Life Journey through Autism: A Guide for Transition to Adulthood
- Stairway to STEM: Resources for autistic students who are transitioning from high school to college, particularly in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
- Center on Transition Innovations: Focuses on the transition of students with autism into education, employment, and community settings. Webcasts, videos, and publications.
- The Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN): A nonprofit advocacy organization run by and for individuals on the autism spectrum. ASAN advocates for the inclusion of autistic people in decisions that affect them, including legislation, depiction in the media, and disability services.
- Wrong Planet: Videos, forums, & blogs for & about autistic individuals.
- Embrace Autism Website: Online tests for autism, including “masking”, assimilation, compares males, females, non-binary people. Many blogs and pod casts with interesting titles.
- College Experiences for Students with ASD: Personal Identity, Public Disclosure, and Institutional Support. A 2017 research article based on personal interviews with a diverse group of autistic students that (a) amplifies these students’ voices, (b) describes tensions between their public and private identities, (c) outlines academic, social, emotional, self-advocacy, and communication challenges many face in college, and (d) proposes both general principles and specific practices that could be leveraged to facilitate college success for autistic students. By Cox, Mintz , Locks, Morgan, Edelstein, & Wolz.