Department of Kinesiology
Community Health Internship
The HLTH 444 internship is the capstone experience in the Community Health Program. Students use theories, knowledge, research and skills learned in the academic environment. Students perform a variety of duties in a real work environment.
- Must have completed 35 credits in the major, including HLTH 325, 475, 484
- GPA of 2.5 in the major and overall
- Document your current certification in first aid, CPR and AED (this must be submitted before your internship starts)
- Complete 300 hours with an approved agency and supervisor. At least half that time must be in health education, prevention and promotion.
- Have opportunities to lead.
- Submit an orientation form with the details of the internship site, personnel and schedule. This happens within 10 days of beginning the internship.
- Maintain a weekly journal and time log that details hours completed, tasks and projects, goals and accomplishments, and challenges that should be addressed.
- Lead a major project that supports the work of your agency.
- Ensure the site supervisor completes midterm and final performance evaluations.
- Complete a summary journal that details overall success and learning during the internship.